Saturday, June 19, 2010

This is a question for people who truly understand curly hair?

ok i have way way curly hair my hair is dry kinky unruly i hate it when it dries on its own it looks like a big poofy fro and when i put moose in it it looks ok at first but still really thick and when i add gel it looks incredible the only thing is as soon as the gel dries it looks like i havent done anything to it so my hair is pulled back almost everyday i have tried almost every product on the market and i thin it all the time can someone suggest a haircut or a style that will make it more manageable and more beautiful? im so lost and i start school in a week and i want to get my hair done and surprise my schoolmates so i need help fast thnx



This is a question for people who truly understand curly hair?

OK, I know what you're feeling. When I was in High School, my thick, coarse curly hair was the bane of my existence. Luckily for curly-haired girls, it does get better as you get older. As to your next week issues, there are a few things I learned:



1)cut is key. Either super-short and cute, as in chin-length and above, or well below the shoulders. Just at shoulder-length, unruly curly hair is extra bad. I don't know why this is true, but it is. I am currently trying to grow my hair long after years of short hair, and I am at that length now, and I am having the SAME troubles I had with it when it was this length at age 15. It frizzes, it doesn't curl like I want it to, it is fickle and it doesn't like me. So either cut your hair very short (adorable curls!)or dedicate yourself to growing it quite long (stunning curls!). I obviously don't know the length of your hair, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was at this particularly troublesome length.



2)good conditioner! Finesse for curly hair is the best there is for under $10 a bottle. It's about $2.99-$3.50, depending where you buy it. Don't go near Pantene, it is just bad, bad, bad with waxy buildup and knots and breakage...ugh!



3)good products. If your gel is disappearing when it dries, the gel is cheap. Get L'Oreal StudioLine Pumping Curls spray. It's a hairspray that helps curls, and it keeps me from getting frizzy even on the hottest, most humid days of summer. I love it! Never buy products that are not made specifically for curly hair, it will simply weight the hair down.



4)Don't touch it! Curly hair needs to do it's own thing. If you use Finesse conditioner, you won't need to comb it when you get out of the shower, and that's exactly what you want. If you must part it a certain way, do it when the hair is still very wet. If not, don't comb it at all. Simply put the product in, mesh it a little with your fingers, pushing upwards to encourage curl, and then leave it be. If you comb it or brush it when it is not totally soaked, you will separate the curls, and you'll get the fluffy mess you're so accustomed to. So leave it alone!



5)Finally, please don't straighten your hair. I know it's in style to have flat-as-a-pancake hair, but beautiful curls blow straight hair out of the water when properly cared for. It's really no contest. Plus, straightening damages your hair, and you'll have to do even more to keep it looking good. Don't get that haircut that thins it out, either: I bet people with thin hair would kill for the thick mass that you've got, so flaunt it, don't get rid of it! Let your curly hair out! Just remember, use good quality products and let it do it's thing. Curly hair is stubborn, and will style itself the way it looks best every day, if only you let it!



This is a question for people who truly understand curly hair?

Maybe see an African-American hair stylist- they are experts at dealing with the texture of hair that you have- you can get it relaxed, too, you know.



This is a question for people who truly understand curly hair?

I have the exact same problem!! Here's how I handled it! First of all i got all my hair cut off, it's right above my shoulder with lots of layers. (TIP: do not get it thinned out anymore!! It makes your hair even bigger when you wear it curly) Then you need to go to a beauty supply store and buy a straigtener! then take little sections of your hair at a time and straighten it really good. You will look beautiful! Trust me I've had sooo many compliments when it used to be insults about my frizzy hair!!!



This is a question for people who truly understand curly hair?

have you tried John Frieda's frizz sirem it works way good I use it on my hair and it is the only thing that controls the poof



This is a question for people who truly understand curly hair?

i have curly unruly hair also but there is help! you should try Frizz - Ease a great product. its a serum you put on your hair when its damp and u can either leave your hair to dry naturally which will give you defined curls without the frizz, or you can blow dry your hair which will give a sleek straight finish! Although if u have thick curls like mine you may need to straighten your hair also. Trust me, this product really does work



This is a question for people who truly understand curly hair?

My hair is curly and the longer it gets the "poofier" it gets and I hate it so I wear it in a really short cut which is very easy to take care of. The best thing I've found as far as gel is a liquid by Aveyda called "Confixtor," and it's not cheap but it's thin, and it doesn't flake either.



If you're really hooked on long hair then you need to straighten it to have any kind of control.



This is a question for people who truly understand curly hair?

tea tree oil does wonders for unruly durls you can get it at ne hair %26amp; beauty place such as sally's beauty supply



This is a question for people who truly understand curly hair?

i don't have curly hair though i know alot of people who do, i sugest a short cut, usually hair is less frizzy at the roots and it would be easer to control. ask your hair dresser for their opinion



This is a question for people who truly understand curly hair?

i have the same problem this what i do after i finish washing my hair i put on some hair gel or put on some spray while my hair is drying.



This is a question for people who truly understand curly hair?

Omg angel j I cannot believe you said that.



Anyway, i have really curly hair, and I went to this salon (it's called Elie Elie) and they specialize in curly hair. The guy did this thing- he held my hair so it was at a ninety degree angle to my head, and he ran his scissors along it, and it got thinner and now it is really manageable. it's now in a short bob that reaches about to my jaw, and i put product in it for school (but now it's summer for me) but it looks okay without the product too. My hair has a part down the middle now and is a lot easier to comb through and wash because it is a lot shorter. I like it, but I think you should go to a salon for people with curly hair (they do have them, trust me) and see what they can do, because the same haircut might not look good on you.



This is a question for people who truly understand curly hair?

I've pasted a link that contains reviews of products for frizz and curl problems.



In my experience, the Bumble and Bumble products are superior for curls. Check out what they have.



Also - here's a thought - go to a good stylist and have them layer and cut your hair so that it won't poof out. Then, combined with the right products you will more likely be able to get it under control.



This is a question for people who truly understand curly hair?

ohk you might know this already, but DO NOT BRUSH IT! at least, not when it is dry. i use garnier fructise smoothing milk and curl shaping spray gel on my hair and it works great. also, i saw this thing on what not to wear: nick, the hair stylist, cut this girls really curly hair in layers, except the longest layer was on the top and the shortest was on the bottom. it made the girl's hair look really good.



This is a question for people who truly understand curly hair?

First, I'd get a good cut with layers.



For products, a frizz serum is a must- there are a lot of good ones out there.



When I get out of the shower, I apply a gel (I've found a good one that doesn't get crispy and flake) Then I apply some of my conditioner and I leave it in. (Even though I condidtioned it already, I add more and don't rinse- the conditioner will help weigh your hair down and prevent some of the poof- just don't go overboard) Then I apply the frizz serum, then I spray in a curl-shaping spray gel (garnier fructise) And I blow dry with a diffuser- not one of those corny diffusers you can buy at the store- they do nothing. Go to a beauty supply place and ask for a "Hot Sock" (it might go buy the name brand "hot sox") Or just let it air dry like you already do.



Sounds like a lot of products, but I constantly have people touching my hair and telling me how pretty it is and they think it's amazing that I can get it that way without putting a bunch of stuff in it) If they only knew!! I guess I've found the right combination for my hair because it doens't feel stiff, or sticky or crunchy.



This is a question for people who truly understand curly hair?

I have the exact same kinda hair. Try a relaxer it made my hair silky smooth. If you don't wanna do that then try corn rows, they're cute and hide the curl for a while. Even though I haven't had a relaxer in a while my hair isn't as curly and it's way more managable. Good luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
student loan